Friday 27 February 2009

THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY, THE WEEKEND, OUR GITE AND USING THE FORCE






Ah, the weekend at last! It's strange, the weeks seem to fly by but the days are long, and the weekend seems to take soooo long to come around.


The weather is very warm again today, I hope it's here to stay. The washing even dried outside, which it hasn't done for ages. I'm hoping that this is a sign we will have a good hot summer, for our customers sake mainly. Oh yes, just another couple of months before the GITE is up and running. There is still availability if anyone's interested! It's a lovely gite, (or HOLIDAY COTTAGE if you are unfamiliar with the french word), large and spacious, with all the mod-cons but at the same time keeping it's rustic appearance. It sleeps 6, 3 double bedrooms 1 with en suite bathroom, separate bathroom, very large kitchen/dining room and lounge. Satelite TV, DVD, PlayStation, dishwasher, washing machine it's got the lot. It also has it's private terrace & bbq and garden. Within the grounds there is a lovely private swimming pool. Anyway, enough blabbing about that, if you're interested see my post 05 February 2009 for photos and a link to our site.
So what to do this weekend. Have a lie in for one thing. The children want Mexican Fajitas, (not sure if that's spelt right), for dinner tomorrow night, mmm, nice but messy. I'd better write down what I need to buy as the last time I made those I used "the force" instead of a shopping list and forgot half the ingredients! In consequence I had to make it up, and substitute things so it ended up being nothing like fajitas. It was a bit like making Chili Con Carne but without the Chili and without the Carne, all you're left with is the CON bit, except that in Spanish, (or Mexican, whatever, it's all Spanish to me!), CON isn't even a foodstuff, it means "with", so basically, you then have to turn to plan B. I always have a plan B. In fact, the children are so used to me using "the force" that if they know I've been shopping, they may ask me when they get in from school, "What are we having for dinner tonight, mum, PLAN B??".

No comments:

Post a Comment