Wednesday 18 February 2009

I'm getting old & things aren't what they used to be

It's becoming increasingly difficult to up-date blogs, or even do anything on the computer in our house at the moment. We have a laptop, a computer in the office, a computer in our no. 2 son's room and a computer in our daughter's room, but that is evidently STILL not enough, especially at the moment as it's the school holidays. By the time I'm up and running in the morning, my daughter is on hers, my husband is on the laptop and no.2 son is running between his and the office computer complaining that he can't do certain things on each so he needs 2! Mind you, watching my daughter, who is 11, on the computer makes me feel very old. She can very skilfully chat on messenger to 10 people simultaneously, surf the internet, play games and sell her old toys on a free advertising site all at the same time! Talk about multi-tasking, it's all I can do to listen to 2 of my kids talk at the same time! In consequence, she's a whizz at computer studies at school, go girl. But she really made me feel past it when she asked about the computer I had as a girl........."Er, we didn't have things like that then. In fact, dvd's, cd's, flat screen tv's, mobile phones, ipods and all that sort of stuff, didn't even exist. We didn't even have a video player, although they DID exist then". To which she replied, "Did cars exist when you were little, mummy?"........HELP!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Well, I wasgoing to say you are only as old as you feel--then I remembered that you are 'feeling ' old at present! it will pass, you write like a youngster, so keep writing and insist on your own computr time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping in Alanna, and thank you for your kind comment. It's nice to know that someone is enjoying what I write, Ill try to keep it up! Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete