Sunday 15 February 2009

Confused...you will be





I'm getting a little confused with all this blogging. I've only got 2 blogs, but somehow I keep getting muddled up with what I'm doing, so if you find any of my cooking recipes on this page then you know why. I thought maybe it was an age thing, but thinking back, I was doing exactly the same thing when my twins were born. Those were the days when you had girls nappies and boys nappies, (pink ones and blue ones). How many times did I get up in the morning only to find my son in a pink nappy and my daughter in a blue one? It wouldn't have really mattered if the nappies hadn't been specifically designed to catch the flow of wee either upwards at the front, (boys), or downwards to the back, (girls). In consequence, both had soaking wet clothes and bed linen, which only made my job harder! And it was hard enough already, with my eldest, who was just 4 at the time, biting at my ankles. I have a video of me tending to all 3 at the same time; sitting at the table feeding my eldest with my right arm, ( I know, he always was a fussy eater), with one baby in my left arm bottle feeding, and rocking the other baby with my foot in the swing chair. The worst was going out, getting the babies and the eldest in and out of the car. I didn't use the pushchair for school trips, it was easier to leave the twins in their car seats and carry them in, plus it was good weight training. But, as I had to put one down on the pavement so as to put the other in the car, (or take one out), I always had this great fear of leaving one of them on the pavement by accident, or that someone may swipe one of them when my back was turned. Thankfully that never happened, and I always made a mental note of counting the children before driving away, silly thing is I still do it today! But the hard work paid off, the sleepless nights passed quickly and the twins grew into two very different, in fact very opposite, lovely individuals, and my eldest is equally as lovely. One thing didn't change though.......the amount of washing they create!!

3 comments:

  1. h love our blog!! I find this sory very funny!! from lulu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today I just count to ten, if their not in the car then they get left behind.

    ReplyDelete