Wednesday 25 February 2009

EASTER EGGS & CHOCOLATE? IT'S TOO SOON




So we've got the pancakes out of the way, thank heavens. But just when you think it's all over, just when you think you've got a short break before the kids start asking more things, just when you think you can walk around the supermarket without the "Can we have? Will you buy?", the stores are stacked with Easter Eggs! Really, everywhere you go there's temptation for youngsters, (and chocoholics), posters, eggs, bunnies, chocolates, and, exceptionally here in France, the chocolate bell & chocolate chicken, (never quite figured that one out!). Wait a minute! Easter's not until April! That's almost 2 months away, unless I'm stuck in a time warp or something. And to top it all, today is the first day of Lent, aren't we supposed to be giving up things like chocolate? It gets earlier every year, and so does the drain on my finances. I mean, they're not cheap, at least not over here, and in France you don't even get anything in the middle of the egg! I like stuff in the middle. I'm a stuff in the middle person. I remember when I was young rushing downstairs on Easter Sunday to see what the Easter Bunny had left for me. Ripping the egg out of the box and shaking it to see what was in the middle. My kids rush downstairs to see what the Easter Bell or Chicken, (?), has left for them. They too rip the egg out of the box and shake it. Unfortunately they just end up with broken chocolate! Never mind, they enjoy it anyway. Oh well, can't wait for the end of April, I suppose all the Halloween & Christmas gear will be filling the shelves then!

No comments:

Post a Comment