Thursday 26 February 2009

HOLIDAY WEATHER OR EASTER BREAK, and when is Mother's Day?


SITTING IN MY GARDEN IN FRANCE.








Today in the Vendee is beautiful and sunny. It's warm and not a cloud in the sky. The children are all at school, so the house is very quiet and still. The only sound is the insects fluttering through the air, trying to find the warmest spot, and the birds twittering to each other in the trees. Look, a wasp, a sure sign that spring is on the way, and not a moment too soon


I guess that many of you are beginning to think about booking your holidays, if it's not already done. Or maybe an Easter break before the big vacation. We can't have summer holidays as we have a gite, and we have to be here for our customers on their holidays, people like you. Puts the children's noses out of joint a little, but we enjoy our family holiday in October. It's actually quite a nice time of year to go away, provided you choose your destination wisely. If you're thinking of holidaying in the Vendee, France, check out our holiday cottage, just click on the link: www.gitevendee.co.cc



Mother's Day is fast approaching, 22 March, and I just don't know what to get my mum. What do you buy for the person who has everything? Penicillin?? Only kidding! I'm trying to think of something different, different from the usual flowers thing, something that she can keep and won't die. Maybe I'll make something, my dad, (god bless), always said, "the best presents are the home-made ones 'cause it shows you've taken time and care". Mind you, I can guarantee she will be able to keep it but I can't guarantee that it will stay in one piece, I never was very artistic! What will you give your mum? I need some ideas!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment