Tuesday 12 May 2009

THE QE2 WASN’T ALWAYS PLAIN SAILING

qe2me4Whilst there was lots of good sailing weather, this wasn’t always the case. I was fortunate enough to have good sea legs, and I’d already worked on other liners and never suffered with sea-sickness. Unfortunately for others as soon as the ship keeled even just a little, the queue outside the doctors surgery was enormous. I have it on good authority, though, that the good old doc had a very good cure! The weather was particularly bad on this occasion, as we were travelling across the North Sea, originally to Norway, when we got an emergency call that an oil rig had collapsed and people needed rescuing. We were the nearest ship so the captain changed course to try to help. Unfortunately we weren’t much use as the ship was too big and caused more damage than good. A lot of the passengers missed all the excitement as they were ill. If I remember rightly we had a brilliant viewing spot as the Queen’s Grill was totally empty, along with all the other restaurants.

qe2me3 qe2me2 qe2me1

But seasickness or not, it wasn’t all bad for the passengers, as you can see there were some pretty good shows to keep them entertained.

qe2me

And this is me in one of them….I’m the one in the white uniform, by the way!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment