Thursday 7 May 2009

MEMORIES OF THE PAST




I've been reminiscing today, looking back through old photo albums at days gone by. I used to travel a lot, I came to France when I was 17 to work on a campsite in the South, and I guess I just got that travelling bug. I have since travelled the world over, working on cruise liners, but of all the countries I have visited, and believe me there are a lot, I always ended up back in France!! I dug out some photos, and as you can see, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy!! It was the most wonderful experience ever, and I have great memories...at least I think I do, we did do an awful lot of partying then!! At the top is me trying to steal the show in Barbados and on the jet ski I'm the one in front, of course. The helicopter flew us to the top of a mountain in Alaska to see the crevasses, that was scary they were glass bottomed! On board P&O Pacific Princess sailing through icebergs, I'm the one in the middle, and ever acting the fool, (that hasn't changed to this day!), I'm the one in the glasses, and I'm proud to say that all those old Blue Peter sticky back plastic days paid off....I made those out of a coat hanger! What fun we had, I wonder what those guys are doing now...











4 comments:

  1. wow nice one! this is very inspiring actually to work on cruise ships to get some travel and work at the same time to get some money! hmmm.... now im starting to get an idea :D Very nice pictures by the way!!! Million dollar memories i believe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes they are million dollar memories. Best to do it when you're young & you've got no other responsabilities...then you can really enjoy yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Extraordinary!

    My son Peter has been doing a Princess cruise ship gig since last September. His band went up the New England coast to St. John. Then they went to the Caribbean. They were going to do Alaska next, but they got canceled. They'll go to Hawaii in October. He describes it just the way you do. I try not to worry about all the partying! One of his buddies broke his foot in a scooter accident on one of the islands. So far no mishaps for Peter. I don't know how much longer he'll do this, but it would be nice if he'd do it at least a year so we get a discount. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ruth, hope he's having as much fun as I did, it's a wonderful experience. I worked on 4 liners in all including the QE2...more about that later...Happy days!

    ReplyDelete