Friday 8 May 2009

QE2 ADVENTURES AND OTHERS

As I mentioned, the view from the glass bottomed helicopter was pretty scary, but amazing. Here you can see the Pacific Princess underneath us as we were coming back to land. It really is a huge ship but it looks so small from way up there!

Next are some turtles I snapped in Aruba in the Caribbean, aren't they just gorgeous, they look so peaceful, lapping up the warm water in the sun.

I suppose it's a relatively small iceberg, at least on the surface, but the ship did sail incredibly close to them! This picture was taken on board P&O Pacific Princess.........Remind you of a famous film maybe??

Taken on board P&O Royal Princess going through the Panama Canal. The passenger all eagerly watching for wildlife on the shore side. There was always a commentator who boarded ship before going through and sometime he would joke that there was a crocodile or bear to the left or right. It was fun seeing the passenger suddenly run to one or the other side of the ship, cameras in hand!

The proud P&O Pacific Princess, which was used to film the old series "The Love Boat", any Americans reading will already know this!

Her sister, and newer, ship P&O Royal Princess. Larger and more modern than Pacific. The suites were far more grand and the crew areas much more fun!!

And finally, the last ship I worked on, the QE2. Proudly docked and pictured with almost all the crew on her deck. I met my husband on board, he worked in the engineering department, and I worked in the hotel & catering department. I did the world cruise 1991, as well as many other trans-Atlantic, Caribbean and European cruises. I was doing a map on Face book the other day to see how many places I had visited, the result...I have visited 97 cities in 40 countries...I am a very lucky girl!!

3 comments:

  1. wow i have to say really lucky girl! that really makes me to want to quit my job more and try to find a big ship for sailing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it, what job do you do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am working in office :( doing pretty much everything there :D

    ReplyDelete