Thursday 22 January 2009

Rain, rain go away

Not feeling too chipper today. I've caught my daughters cold, something I've managed to dodge quite well recently, but alas, my time has come. It's raining again! I am soooo looking forward to the hot summers days and warm evenings on the terrace coming back, I guess we all are. Talking of coming back, what a relief to hear that the young 15 year old girl, who ran off with the 49 year old man she met via the internet, is on her way home! It' a difficult thing being a parent these days, and I bet hers are ecstatic. The internet is a wonderful thing, but it can be hard trying to warn children of the dangers as well, as us grown-ups all know. Yippee, just got an enquiry for our gite, which we rent out during the summer. Business is a little slow this year due to the economy crisis, but it looks as if it will start to pick up now. It's a lovely gite which we renovated ourselves, situated in a great part of France, so if anyone out there is interested I'll send the web site!!!! A little poem that my son gave to me on a piece of paper as big as a postage stamp, (he writes very small), copied out of a "Horrid Henry" book...
"Dear old wrinkely mum,
don't be glum,
'cause you've got a fat tum,
and an even bigger bum,
ho ho ho hum,
love from your son!" That made me giggle...hee,hee. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment