Tuesday 27 January 2009

My new CV, give us a job job

Hello again! I've just applied for a job. A job teaching english to french companies. I'm not a qualified teacher, but I do speak, read and write pretty good english...I should do after 44 years experience!! Anyway, it's just the basics for people to be able to get by, how hard can that be? I've taught english to people before but not as a job, just in my spare time. Mind you that was 18 years ago! I suppose you could say that I've had the last 15 years teaching english, as I've taught my kids to speak, read and write it, and the eldest is 15. I went back to school for a couple of hours yesterday to learn how to write my CV "the french way", they consider the english way far too long and boring, they just want to get down to the nitty gritty asap. Well I can tell you it was some mean feat trying to get 27 years of work onto one A4 sheet, (as a well travelled person, I've had too many jobs to count!). Yes I've travelled and worked and worked and travelled, pretty much all over the world, on cruise liners and in hotels mainly IT WAS GREAT!!.....and then I had kids, and that was the end of that. Don't get me wrong, I love them to bits, and anyway Im far too old to be burning the candle at both ends like I used to. Oh well, wish me luck in my quest for fame and fortune, and watch this space, this time next year I'll be a millionaire!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the job -- hope your cold is better. Wish I could travelled the world, ah well France is good! Bonsoir!

    ReplyDelete