Monday 26 January 2009

I'm back!!

Hello there, I've been away for a bit, sorry to all you hundreds of readers that missed me!....Not. Seriously though, I think my whole family has gone down with the plague, there's some weird stuff going around at the moment, and it goes through anyone in close proximity faster than the TGV goes through tunnels!! It's this odd weather, you know. The day before yesterday it was 10 degrees in the morning, but very windy. By lunchtime, the wind turned into a storm and it poured down with rain. Ten minutes later it started to snow! I'm not talking sleet here, I'm talking huge snow flakes. By 2pm it was sunny. How weird is that?? Hope the weather is better wherever you are. Did anyone see Dancing On Ice last night?? I don't think I've ever laughed so much at Todd Cartys performance!! He was trying so hard, but then he stumbled and went carreering out of control and completely off the set, leaving his partener dancing on her own. It reminded me of a Norman Wisdom film!! I'm not entirely sure if his partner actually realised, at first, that he was missing........From one extreme to the other, wasn't "Little Ray" brilliant, reckon he's got it in the bag. Yes, I know, we live in France but we still have english tv. But we do have french tv too, except that none of us like it. If you're into badly directed live tv and constant re-runs of "The Love Boat" and "Hart To Hart", then french tv is for you, sadly it's not my tasse de the, (cup of tea for those who do not speak francais). On that subject, a funny story when we went back to England last October, (for the first time in 10 years, I might add, what a shocker! But that's another story). I went to buy a lucky dip lottery ticket which in France is called a flash. Well, I don't need to explain the look of horror on the salesgirls face when I asked if I could have a flash for tonight!! "You don't want to go round saying that too freely!", she quickly remarked. Oooops.....

No comments:

Post a Comment