Tuesday 20 January 2009

America expects

Hello there, I'm back.  Today is the day, only 7 hours to go for Barack Obama and, of course, Bush.  I imagine that they will be the most painful and long 7 hours of his life.  Scarey thought to have so much responsability.  I've got my stars and stripes flag out ready, I did consider wearing red, white and blue today, but decided that was going a bit too far, especially for a Brit, so I opted for my "I love the USA" knickers so as nobody will see them!  I shan't be able to see all the event, though, as it co-insides with  "Neighbours", (sad person...).  BBC will get good ratings this evening, I'm sure,  but it's a good job the inauguration isn't on at the same time as Eastenders, otherwise they wouldn't have aired it!  Let's hope that all goes smoothly for the Obama family, (or Bahama as my daughter puts it), he seems like a good guy.  Nothing exciting has happened today, except the dog decided to take a bath in the compost heap and, being a small WHITE ball of Bichon Frise, this was not a good idea.  I'm so glad I decided to have white tiles on the floor......NOT.  I've been looking for a part-time job.  I'm well travelled, (used to work on cruise liners, those were the days!), fluent in French, also speak a little German and Spanish, outgoing, motivated, dynamic and terribly modest!  How hard can it be?  In France if you don't have the diploma, you don't get the interview.  I even applied for a job in a bakers shop selling cakes, but I don't have that all important piece of paper saying that I have a masters degree in sales, so my CV went in the bin!  Ah the French......everything needs a "dossier", everything takes "15 days" to get done, (unless it's July or August when everything shuts down).  You can't get hold of anyone between 12 and 2pm everything is closed, in fact it's a really good time for crime as the gendarmes are all taking a siesta!!  I sometimes ask myself why I live here.........ah yes, I remember.....the wine is good!  Well better go now and get practicing the Star Spangled Banner!  Speak again soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I have a job for you-- come and dog-sit my three bad hounds. Good luck with your blog!

    ReplyDelete