Saturday 6 June 2009

MY WORLD KEEPS TURNING UPSIDE DOWN, AT LEAST THAT’S WHAT IT FEELS LIKE!

Sounds a bit harsh, but I’m sure we all feel like that at some point, even if we don’t admit it.  We all have “One of those days”.  Well yesterday was one of those days.  It started out pretty much like any other Friday, except that I had my eldest son at home as the school decided to shut for the day…they do that often!  He had bought himself a moped last week in the wake of his up coming scooter test in July, it was for practice.  Yesterday morning we went out and bought him a new helmet.He was so pleased and couldn’t wait for his brother & sister to get home from school, and dad to get home from work.  Out he went in to the garden to practice on his moped, I was about to start dinner when I heard screams.  I realized I couldn’t hear the whine of the moped engine anymore and ran in to the garden.  There he was on the grass covered in blood…Panic set in.  I carried him indoors, I’m not sure how he’s 15, but when I looked at the damage, double panic set in.  (Note to myself; remember you are not very good in a crisis!)  Anyway, to cut a long story short, he was taken to A & E and ended up having about 20 stitches in his shin…ouch. He is now relaxing and re-thinking his plans to pass his scooter license, i think it has shaken him up quite badly.  Not a good start to the weekend, but, so far, Saturday appears to be going better…Let’s hope that continues!!

No comments:

Post a Comment