Sunday 14 June 2009

CORALINE REVIEW……CREEPY, SCARY MOVIE, NOT FOR UNDER 10’S

coraline What to do Sunday afternoon?  Something not too strenuous, as hubby’s just out of hospital.  So we decided to go to the cinema…comfy seats and air conditioning!  The boys went to see Terminator, but my 11 year old daughter preferred to see Coraline, so dad took the boys and we went to see Coraline.  “I heard it’s scary mummy”, my daughter said as we entered…..Ha, it’s computer animated……How scary could that be???

coraline2

As soon as it begins it’s rather deep and dark, and as the plot unravels things don’t get much better.  A witch with spider like metal hands, taking out kids eyes and replacing them with buttons before devouring them, leading kids into a false sense of security & happiness..etc…  Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed the film, and appreciated the vast amount of work that must have gone into making it, but it is definitely not a film for under 10 year olds.  In fact I’d go as far as to say that it even spooked me, well just a little!  But I did see my daughter cover her eyes once or twice, although she won’t admit it……

No comments:

Post a Comment