Monday 20 April 2009

OUR KIDS LIFE IN FRANCE, AND OURS - I'm back in the pool



























Hi, I'm back!! The holiday was great, but as usual it goes too quickly :( :(. So back to the pool. I managed to get a week off work just before the first customers arrived, so I was able to help get the last finishing touches in place in the garden. The next step with the pool was to make the surrounds look good. We had loads of large rocks piled up round the back from where the digger had excavated for the pool, so we decided to make use of them and form a rockery with plants, and fill in the gaps with dark cork to stop the weeds coming through. Whilst the kids were at home, they helped me to barrow the rocks over to the pool and I spent the first half of the week arranging them around the pool. My hubby was busy putting the bamboo wind breaker round the outside of the fence and planting grass in front of the gate, where the digger had been. As you can see from the photos, the finished product was pretty good once the pool furniture was in place. All we had left to buy were the parasols.


The next stage of the garden, however, was going to be a little more tricky and a lot more hard work....We had already laid shingle around the gite drive, but now it was time to tackle our driveway, it's huge, so with two rakes and a lot of motivation, the spreading began...

1 comment: